Traffic Scotland Radio
The service is also available on the joint Traveline Scotland/Traffic Scotland smartphone apps on iPhone, Android and Windows Phone platforms.
Drivers are reminded not to use mobile phones or other devices whilst driving.
Traffic Scotland Radio features
- Regular pre-recorded national and regional audio bulletins providing timely traffic updates and forewarning of incidents 24/7.
- National broadcast updated with information up to three times each hour daily.
- Regional broadcasts updated twice an hour during peak times and once an hour at all other times (Sunday to Friday).
- Information on the latest network conditions direct from the Traffic Scotland National Control Centre (TSNCC) including incidents, congestion, roadworks, events, severe weather warnings and public transport information.
- Information broadcast in different formats to ensure it is compatible both for the desktop website users as well as those accessing this service on the move on internet enabled mobile devices.
- Broadcasts delivered as automated message service on the Traffic Customer Care Line providing national traffic and travel information together with regional bulletins.
- A higher frequency of broadcasts during events such as extreme winter weather ensuring people get the latest information in a timely fashion.
- Information for strategic routes that, while not the responsibility of Transport Scotland, have a key impact on the trunk road network.
- Other relevant driving messages such as advice for driving in poor weather conditions, events related information, safety campaigns etc.